Monday, June 2, 2014

In Maryandra's e-mail of June 2, 2014, she was happy about a new journal she'd just bought!  If you know Maryandra, you can appreciate her excitement!  Here a few excerpt about other things:
We had a temple pday, so that's why I couldn't send you
any emails on Monday, and that's why it took so long for me to send
the last email. So, what happened was that we had a mini emergency
transfer. Literally no sooner did we leave the station from coming
back from the temple, expecting to enjoy the rest of our pday, than we
got a call from none other than President Wada. He told us that
another nihonjin sister had become really sick and needed a nihonjin
to look after her in kichijouji while he and sister Wada went to the
mission president training conference located in the other Tokyo
mission somewhere. They will be gone for probably 4 or 5 days.

Then Maryandra proceeded to have a rough week because she missed her Japanese companion, Sister Funakura. But all returned to almost normal by the weekend. Here's a little more:

So, today is fast Sunday, which means we are all going to be very
thirsty today, because it is hot outside, and only one room in our
apartment as AC, and the rest of he apartment, literally as soon as
you walk through the doorway, is hot and almost muggy. Blech! But I
think we'll be okay when we get to the church. The temperature today
is probably close to thirty degrees Celsius, but I don't know hat that
means in Fahrenheit. I'll give you an update when I can actually look
at the weather app, which won't be until I get internet at the church.

I can finally take a much needed breath and relax. Everything
is going to be fine! It feels like all this took a whole lot more than
one week to go through, but it will seem really short, especially to
you guys, since it's all in one email. But it feels like weeks, if not
months, have passed since that day exactly one week ago. I can't tell
you how tired I am. But it's been a good learning experience. I just
need to learn to trust in The Lord. Everything will always turn out
for the best, just give it time. But I'm so very tired. At least
things turned out all right, all just in time to welcome the incoming
typhoon season. I hear that's supposed to be pretty interesting.
So, this family
in the ward invites the missionaries and their investigators over for
dinner and family home evening every fast Sunday, and so we went
there, ate, played a game, did a lesson, and played, you'll never
guess what... OCTPUS 8!!! Only of course, it was in Japanese, so it
was called tako hachi. 
But it was a really fun game, especially when
elder sawyer couldn't remember what he was supposed to say when it was
his turn, so he yelled NIHANA!!! really loudly with this big awkward
face, and predictably was one of the first people to get out. But it
was hilarious, I can't even describe how much it made us laugh! Well,
anyway, I think that's it for today. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment