Tuesday, October 14, 2014




 Maryandra and her companion enjoyed a visit to the Tokyo Temple this week!

Otherwise, her week was full of General Conference, another typhoon and meeting some interesting people! Maryandra  also enjoyed taking and sending some very spooky, Halloween selfies to her family!                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!!!
Maryandra knows how to be scary!!!
And silly for Halloween!!!
Tuesday:
Well, we were invited over to a family's home. Or I guess I
should call them the senior family, because all of their
children go to fussa Ward as well and live close to their house and do
office work in their basement. Anyway, as I was saying, we went to
their house, had a delicious lunch, and talked a bit about family
history. That's what we're going to try to focus on for this last part
of the year, as a stake and as a Ward, like we did in the machida
stake. Funny how so many of the missionaries who used to be in machida
stake have now transferred over to musashino stake:) and that we just
happen to be starting the same thing. But anyway, I am really glad
that we went, because I liked that part of the area, they were really
nice, and it was just fun to get to know them. . . I traced
all the way back to Adam from grandma sandy's line while we were
looking at doing the family history stuff on the family history search
website! I was sooooo stoked! It took forever, but it was awesome, and
I saw sooo many cool names, especially among the Vikings, which gave
me ideas for cool names to use in my story when I get home! Haha, I'll
probably write my book while doing family history! That would be
funny!
Wednesday:
We are now at the church, and
sister Horrocks is doing more of her family history stuff. I think I might
just take a look as well! Yay!... So, I went all the way back to Adam
and Eve again, this time from a different person in grandma sandy's
line! It's fun going back to the old days where you don't know how
concrete the details are, but at least there is a vague line, if
nothing else. Okay. So we have eikaiwa (English conversation) today 
. . . Well, eikaiwa was pretty fun. We had our
regular class, but then at the end, instead of doing a game, we went
out and watched the lunar eclipse! It was so cool! Man, we enjoyed
looking at it for a really long time, before making our way home. Did
you know about the lunar eclipse? If you look it up, you will also see
that the moon was kind of red for a little bit, or like an orangish
color. Interesting, huh? So, look out for that scripture reference!
Friday:
It was really fun when we were coming
home on the train, because there was this huge group of elementary
school kids, on their way to a field trip. They kept staring at me,
and I would smile at them sometimes. Then, one of them timidly said
"harro?" (Hello) and I immediately said "Hello!" Back to him. He and
all of the other children were like "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!!" And
giggling and stuff. It was great! And then, others kept coming up to
me and asking if I knew the movie Frozen. I said yes, and that started
another round of oohs and aaahs. One asked me my favorite animal, and
I told him it was a horse. This little girl piped up and said "me
too!" And I gave her a high five. Then, she asked what my favorite
color was. I said blue and purple, and she was like, "oooh! That's the
same as him!" And pulled her friend over, and he was kind of looking
like he didn't know what the heck was going on. It was sooo funny! And
when we got off at higashi Fussa eki, I waved at all of them, and they
all waved back, and some of them said "bye bye!" And "see you!" It was
such a cute moment! Love those kids already!
Saturday:
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? 
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
It's my ten month
mark today! Ah shoot! How did the time go by so fast? No no no no no
no no no no no no no!!!! Aaaaaaahhhh!!! Well, anyway, aside from that,
we also get to go and finally watch general conference today, in
KICHIJOUJI!!! I'm soooooo excited! This is going to be the best
weekend EEEEEVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Man, I can't wait!  We will do personal study,
then leave at nine thirty to hope on the 9:46 train headed for
Kichijouji! Yaaaaaaaay!.............. 
Oh my goodness, you guys!  General conference was
AMAAAAAAAAAAAZZZIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am also reeeeaaaallllllly glad that we were able to come to
kichijouji to see it, too! Wooow! Man, I looooved the atmosphere of
getting to watch it with almost all of the missionaries in our zone!
Oh goodness, it's awesome! In the first session, I was intrigued by
the new perspectives offered by the Cantonese speaker, and then I was
just BLOWN AWAY by president Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk! Worlds without
number, and the way he just put it into plain and simple,
understandable terms. And the topic! Oh my gosh, it was soooooo
amaaaaziiiiiing!
Anyway, the second session was my favorite one so
far, I think. I liked the one delivered in Spanish. I thought it was so sweet
in a lot of parts, especially when he talked about his wife! And of
course, who could ever not enjoy good old elder Holland? Fantastic as
always, and I can't wait to study that one again later! Oooooooh, it
was an amaaaaaaaziiiing day! I always love love love getting to go to
kichijouji! Goodness me, I'm just soooooo happy! Oooh man, I'm just
so.... Wait, I was just about to repeat what I'd just said. Haha,
silly me, but it deserves to be said twice. Anyway, loved today! So, I
will go for now, and I will see you tomorrow! By the way, have you
guys heard about the super typhoon that's supposed to be coming in
soon? And worse than the last one? Maybe? And to add to that, how red
the moon looked tonight as we were about to go to the church to do a
few things? It scared us a lot, and we talked about the second coming
on our way to the church. That's gotta be super super close! Yikes!
Haha! Well, anyway, sleep tight on that! Teehee!;) Love you!
Bye!.......
Sunday:
WOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!! TODAY WAS
AMAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGG!!!!!! 
I absolutely looooooved General conference,
especially as a missionary. I
don't know how many times I've said this even in just one email, but
general conference is somehow even better, in fact a lot better, out
in the mission field. There's just a magical quality to it. A special
feeling you can't ever get in any other setting, no matter how hard
you might try! Ooooh, it makes me so sad that I only have one more
conference left in the mission field, and it's going to be just two
months before I go home. Oh my gosh, that's just the saddest thought
ever! And in only two months, I'll be getting my death note, or six
month letter. Yikes! It's the scariest thought ever! But I'm so happy
for al, of the amazing opportunities I've had here! I just love it
soooo much! There's nothing like this kind of job! If I were allowed
to, I would probably want to do it for a really long time!
Monday:
Well, the only significant thing we've seen about today is a lot of
misty rain. The typhoon should be hitting our area in exactly one
minute. Or around there. It should last from about six pm to six am
tomorrow morning. Should be interesting. Well, I sure hope it doesn't
interfere with us being able to go to the temple or anything. That is
the one thing that would make me so mad right now, not being able to
go to the temple. Grrrrrrr.... Stay away rain!


... Wow. I got the news letter for timpview ninth Ward in my emails.
First off, I wonder why, and second off, I just gotta say, it gives me
a really special feeling when I look at the list of current full time
missionaries, and see my name on there, with a Japanese address
underneath, and I'm like "whoa!" I almost do a double take. And I just
look at it, and think about my job, and my calling. And my purpose.
And all that I've experienced so far. And all of the amazing things
that I've seen and done and felt and I just think "why was I scared to
do this? Why, how, could anybody, regardless of circumstances or
personal opinion, not choose t serve a mission? Oh, how glad I am that
I came!" I haven't done a thing, as far as amazing ness goes, but I've
done a lot of small things, like just happening to be in the right
place at the right time, to get a lot of people started. And I feel
like that's my purpose for coming here. I may not see a physical
baptism, but I have met with and introduced the gospel to so many
people now that I know are going to get baptized that I don't regret
one bit not being classified as what I've called a "reaper." I may not
be the one that takes the wheat out of the field, but I am the one who
puts a lot of it there, and who sometimes even gets to watch it grow
before I'm called to go to another part of the field. But that's okay.
I'm okay with it. I feel like this is what I've mainly been sent here
to do, and if this really is my main job, then I'm gonna do it with
all my might! It's one of the most humbling experiences to think that
I am one of the people who gets to expand the field for others to
reap, and open the doors for others to receive the opportunities that
bring so much joy to so many. So many friendships have been made, so
many lives touched, so many miracles witnessed, that I just can't
regret becoming a missionary, no matter how hard I sometimes try. From
the mtc till the last eight months in Japan, I've seen so many things
and changed so much  that I wouldn't trade this for any thing else!
Truly, a mission is the hing for me! It's just such an amazing
realization! I want others to be able to have this same life changing
experience! So boys, don't ever let any of the small, unimportant
things get in the way of the most life changing experience and biggest
blessing you will experience! It will shape the rest of your eternal
existence! Where you go, who you marry, and what you do are just a few
of the many amazing things and decisions that will be influenced by
your decision to serve a mission, and then following through with it!
I promise you that you won't regret it!
The lord will bless you with a thousand times
more than you will ever sacrifice to serve a mission! It's happened
for me, and I know it will for you too, if you just make the
commitment now, and prepare from now onward to serve the lord! I bear
you my testimony that this is true.


No comments:

Post a Comment