Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Here is Maryandra and her new companion, and a ward member!  It was a long, hot week!
She is slowly but surely getting to know her companion better, but they sometimes don't agree
on how to spend their proselyting time.
Wednesday:
Well, so far we managed to talk to 7 people before tachibana Shimai
needed a break. That's almost a record! :s anyway, I found that she
doesn't like housing, kubarikai, or any other method of outside dendo
besides streeting. And this season is not a streeting time, because
it's so hot and everyone's inside. So, logically, it would be a good
idea to house. We go and look for a good place to dendo. I get the
feeling we need to house, and so I say so. I gently persuade her
that it's a good idea, because NOBODY is on the street, they are all
inside, so it would be good to at least try... I'm keeping her happy by
mostly letting her count the contacts today. Meh....
... I enjoyed myself with her all day right up until it
was time to go and dendo. We talked about all kinds of stuff, from
studio ghibli to the bones we/our family members have broken, and it
was really fun. So, I think we would be good friends.

Saturday:
Actually, yesterday went pretty well after that. Tachibana Shimai felt
well enough to go and do more dendo, and we managed a total of nine,
so that's good, and after that, we went and had dinner with bishop
toriumi and his family. His three rambunctious boys are a combination
of our boys and the Mickelson boys, so it was a very enjoyable
experience. Maybe a little uresai, but still, quite fun. Oh, and I
forgot to mention that a bird pooped on my shirt just as we were
heading out of the church to go and do dendo. So we headed right back
to the church to fix it. I'm just glad it didn't poop anywhere else on
me:/ but I did take a few pictures, so I will send those to you. I
think that bird must have been constipated or something, because it
didn't splat like it normally would, so I was glad.


..... Wow, I am actually really physically exhausted! We managed to
work really hard today, and we have 11 or so meaningful contacts.
Unfortunately, none of hem were as meaningful as we would have liked,
but we did a lot of shop dendo, because it's rainy today, and neither
of us wanted to be outside. We went to a shopping mall in hashimoto to
get a birthday gift for a sister who just had a birthday. We got her a 
teeny tiny little totoro toy. Man, I can't
tell you how tempting it was to buy a big one for myself, but I was
smart, and didn't. You would be proud of me, I'm actually learning to
budget moneySmiling face with smiling eyes Anyway, I'm glad we worked a lot. In only 3 or 4 hours,
we talked to eleven people. Yay! But I really do wish some of those
contacts were actually meaningful. A lot of the time, we're just
running around so we can account for our stats, which kind of stinks.
I can see why we have it, but it's really annoying sometimes, and
sometimes I find myself thinking more of the numbers than the people.
Yikes! But I'm always trying to work on that! Well, we
may be getting another typhoon in the next few days, since all the
rain that's been happening the last two days off and on, so I'll hold
on and be safe. I was gonna say I'll let you know, but you won't even
get this till Monday, so I'm just gonna stop right there before I make
myself look like an idiotFace with stuck-out tongue and tightly-closed eyes But if anything else fun happens, I'll be
sure to let you guys know about it! Love you all! Bye!...
Monday:
Whoa, I can't believe it! My eight month mark as a missionary, and my
six month mark since coming to Japan! Whaaaaaaaat?!?! Honestly, I
never really thought I would make it this far. But I have, which is a
tremendous relief for me, and I feel like I can keep going. In one
month, I'll be....TWENTY?!?!?!?!?!?!? 0.0 what the heck? I sure don't
feel like it. But it stinks, because my birthday just happens to be on
transfer day:/ poo. But we will see what happens on that day. So, what
with today being pday and all, we are going to Kunitachi area, and we
will be having a birthday party for a ward member, with eating
tonkatsu, and making jewelery, and such. I hope I can make a lot of
fun jewelery. Tachibana Shimai showed me the really cool ones she
made, which made me really excited! I can't wait! Well, I don't think
I have anything more to say until the actual event, at which we will
also do emails, so I will see you later! Bye!
..... Kay, now we are in Kunitachi, about to start our jewelery making
party! I'm excited to see how this is done, because it's way cool,
mom! I want to try and do it with you sometime! It's the funnest! If I
end up making anything hat actually looks good, I'll send you the
photo, along with the other ones I'm sending! Love you! 
Miller Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment