Wednesday, March 4, 2015

 Maryandra has had another great week, with more great views of the city of Hibarigaoka!
 We think this is a pastel of that Maryandra may have done herself during
 some p-day time!  We were unable to get her to either deny
or confirm that is was her artwork, but maybe by
next week she will tell us if it was her art or just who the creator
was! Japanese people are very artistic, so it may have been
 a gift from someone, but there is something
about it that is Maryandra-ish!!!
 From Maryandra's e-mail:

Wednesday:
To make Wednesday even cooler, there were almost ten new students at
eikaiwa! That's never happened since I've come to Hibarigaoka, and I'm
sure for a good while before I came as well. It was sooo cool, and
they were all beginners class, too, which made it huge. And half of
those students were children, under age 12. So, we improvised and
created a mini kids class at the back of the regular classroom, and
just conducted it like we do with kids eikaiwa on Sunday mornings,
while Horrocks Shimai taught regular beginners class with elder
Lundberg and elder Mukai. It was really fun!  Two of our students were our favorites. They were the oldest, and the best behaved. They actually reminded me of Liam and Hyrum!
But on Sunday morning, they both came to kids eikaiwa! They
were so cute! I think I know why they remind me of Liam and Hyrum.
They are the same age as those two were when I left on my mission, and
they have similar appearances, only Asian.
We showed them the 'He is The Gift' video from christmas and told them
that Jesus did a lot of things for us, and He was the first gift of
Christmas. Even though it isn't Christmas, we can still think of
Jesus. We asked what they knew, which isn't much, but they seemed to
enjoy the video, like it was a cool new concept to them. It was cool.
They looked like they wanted to see what church was like, but their
moms had other things going on, and such. Oh well. Maybe next time!
They're so cute! I can't wait to see them again!
 Here they are, on the front row!
 
 More from Maryandra's e-mail:

And now, here we are again at the weekly Monday checkpoint. Here are a
few cool things I've recently found while doing personal study:

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every
tongue that shall revile against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
3 Nephi 22:17
Isn't that the coolest promise we all have, as servants of the lord?
I'm not just talking missionaries here, and I'm pretty sure that's not
what the scripture is saying either. I'm talkogm everyone who has
entered the waters of baptism, and made that covenant with the Lord to
do His will and follow Him. That includes bringing others with you, am
I right? Will you all commit to live this teaching?  It will bring you
immense joy, I promise!

 Having fun with her iPad mini!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment