Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Maryandra's week included a surprise birthday pancake supper for Sister Funakura!  They had balloons for the party, and comically enough, the ones situated behind Maryandra made her look like some kind of "weird angel" as quoted by Sister Horrocks! 
 
Maryandra and Sister Smith also enjoyed Temple P-day this week!  

There are Subway subs in Hibarigaoka!

 Maryandra is enjoying the T-shirt that Liam and Hyrum sent her. 
The boys came home from a merit badge round up with several of these shirts, and we knew Maryandra likes T-shirts to wear as jammy shirts! She enjoyed the package of stuff we sent her,
and we enjoyed a box of wonderful treats and things that she sent to us! 
Can you find Maryandra in this photo?  (slight left of very middle, wearing lavender)
 Here is what Maryandra said about the mission wide Sisters' Conference this past week:

We went to kichijoji today for a sister missionaries' training
conference for the whole mission. It was THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!! I learned about so many amazing things, and I got to see all of my friends, including wilde Shimai and Tachibana Shimai. The conference itself, of course, was pretty amazing. The theme was "for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." A slight hint of valentines theme thrown in there, if you caught it;) It all gave me exactly what I needed, and I felt healed from all the hard things that have happened to me so far. I'm so glad I get to be a missionary! It's the best ever! We learned about opening our hearts, lifting the hearts of others, etc. There was a paper of cool quotes that I want to send some of in this email. It's really cool! I needed today! I wish I could remember every last detail, but honestly, I don't remember most of it. I just remember how good I felt and how it helped me to get over myself. I am so glad that Heavenly Father knows the hearts of His children, and what they need, when they need it. It was a real privilege to be there today.


It also looks like Maryandra had a chance to practice her drawing skills this week too!
It looks a lot like how her daddy used to hold Maryandra when she was a baby!
We love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment